Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Remmina the best RDP Client for Ubuntu

Recently I was struggling to access a remote desktop setup over VPN. The first thing I tried was Terminal Server Client and then Gnome-RDP. Both worked, but somehow I was not getting a good feeling as I do when I work on Windows Remote Desktop Client. They are really missing the toolbar that Microsoft provides in there. On top of that these packages were crashing due to some X-server issues.

After two days I discovered another RDP client software provided by Ubuntu community called Remmina.
It provides me the similar options as in Windows Remote Desktop eg. the fullscreen toggle and HostKey as in VirtualBox. It is just two hours so far and I am loving this utility. Thanks to Remmina contributors.

http://remmina.sourceforge.net/

No comments: