Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thunderbird Password Problem

Sometimes when I have changed my Windows domain password, the Thunderbird faces problems. When it asks me for a new password it is well and good but at time it does not even ask for it and terminates the operation unfinished. 

I have spent quit a good time to solve this, looking in my Ubuntu keyring, and thought I can save other's time, if I can write about the solution.

The password manager of Thunderbird remembers your passwords if you wish to. We need to remove the previously stored passwords from it. We can find them at Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Passwords -> Saved Passwords. After removing our previous password, and performing the operation again, the Thunderbird asks for the password and we can save our new password here.



No comments: